Welcome! Glad you're here.

Welcome, family and friends! In an attempt to avoid chronic and obsessive Facebook updates ("Max had an A+ burp this morning!") and grainy ultrasound picture's of baby's right elbow (. . . you mean, not each of my 400 friends care to see this?), here you will find updates on Baby Kaplan, our journey into parenthood (the good, the bad, and the drooly), and living as a family of 3. So sit back, nosh on something yum, and click around.

Love,
Heidi, Josh, & Max

PS: As we are first time bloggers, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please note that we only accept praise.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bubba's growing up. . . . I guess they do that. . . .

So I realize that I have dropped the proverbial ball on my blog entries over the last month. But in my defense, how much developement does an infant actually DO within a span of 5 weeks?

Oh, right.

I may as well just dive right into updates and happenings. Without referring to my last entry (I'm like an uppity actress - I never look at my previous work), I believe I left off right before Thanksgiving. It was delicious all around and we had a wonderful time with our families! I noticed during dinner, however, that Max was acting fussy and just plain "off". He had a case of the crankies, wasn't sleeping well, and was knawing on his hands like the last supper. My first thought: my God, the kid's teething! A few days later, when his symptoms had not yet subsided, I took him to the pediatrician to get the once and for all that Max was working on his very first chomper, but alas, she told me he was probably just battling a bug because she didn't feel any imminent teeth.

But lo and behold, a week later.....

Not actual tooth

His front bottom tooth popped through! If I wasn't dizzy over this kid's cuteness before, I'm pretty much passed out on the floorboards by this point.


Anywhoo, since Thanksgiving, Max has had all sorts of fun little outings. Recently, Max's grandparents took he and I, along with Uncle Andy, to see Winnie The Pooh at the Valley Youth Theatre in Phoenix.  We sat in the front row so Max could take in all the Poohy goodness. I was curious to observe if Max would be engaged during the play, seeing as though he was less than 4.5 months old at the time. But within 3 minutes of it starting, he was transfixed, his eyes like saucers, mouth agape as though he had never seen anything like it his entire life.Wait a minute...

As if all this weren't exciting enough, Max celebrates his very first Hanukkah and Christmas this year! As is tradition, Josh and I will be hosting Christmas Eve dinner/games/gifts/drinks this year, although it won't be quite the same, as my brother is not able to make it due to a professional obligation. We'll miss you bro-ski. Max has already gotten his first Hanukkah goodies from family (Thanks Grandpa Keith, Grandma Janet, Aunt Susie and Uncle Mike!), and will have his first Christmas morning stocking experience on Sunday. Prediction: ignores toy, attempts to eat stocking.

                                                  

                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment