Welcome! Glad you're here.

Welcome, family and friends! In an attempt to avoid chronic and obsessive Facebook updates ("Max had an A+ burp this morning!") and grainy ultrasound picture's of baby's right elbow (. . . you mean, not each of my 400 friends care to see this?), here you will find updates on Baby Kaplan, our journey into parenthood (the good, the bad, and the drooly), and living as a family of 3. So sit back, nosh on something yum, and click around.

Love,
Heidi, Josh, & Max

PS: As we are first time bloggers, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please note that we only accept praise.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Be still, my beating heart

I suppose I should post this update as it is, in some cultures, marginally significant:













OUR BABY SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!








 


Yes, that is right, folks. After just over 8 weeks of life, last night, Max Samuel blessed his parents with the gift of 5 consecutive hours of uninterrupted sleep (newsflash: in parentland, five hours of sleep is indeed a FULL night.) This morning, when I awoke to the sound of not a baby stirring, grunting, or flatout screaming, but rather of the little birdie family that has made its home outside our bedroom window, I was stunned. I immediately flipped over to the baby monitor situated on my nightstand, and turned on the video to witness the miracle. And there he was: a little black and white baby (the monitor screen shows in black and white, you didn't miss anything), lying snuggly in the middle of his crib, contented with his arms outstretched to the sides, as though summoning his devoted followers to join him in song, or welcoming friends to Sunday brunch, as if to say, "let's eat."

My heart skipped a beat when I sleepily stared at the digital clock and the time came into focus. Wow. I only got up once tonight to feed him.

"The kid's a rock star" I mumbled to Josh as I rolled over and scooted myself down beneath the covers for one last stretch of slumber.

Now, I realize that the mere act of blogging about this event pretty much guarantees that tonight will be a scene out of Night of The Living Dead. Because that's just the rule of having a baby: the moment you settle into one routine, the kid pulls the old switcharoo on you, and it's a whole new ball game.

Guess you'll just have to keep checking in to see what happens :)






                              


No comments:

Post a Comment