Welcome! Glad you're here.

Welcome, family and friends! In an attempt to avoid chronic and obsessive Facebook updates ("Max had an A+ burp this morning!") and grainy ultrasound picture's of baby's right elbow (. . . you mean, not each of my 400 friends care to see this?), here you will find updates on Baby Kaplan, our journey into parenthood (the good, the bad, and the drooly), and living as a family of 3. So sit back, nosh on something yum, and click around.

Love,
Heidi, Josh, & Max

PS: As we are first time bloggers, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please note that we only accept praise.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Baby shower! Pictures to come

Yesterday marked one of the most fabulous days of my pregnant life. After months of planning (on Mom and Mom #2's part), my baby shower finally arrived! As I was getting ready in the morning, I thought about everyone coming together to celebrate the upcoming arrival of my son. My Son. MY SON. Wow, it  became REAL again. It felt akin to when I found out that the first out-of-town guest booked his plane ticket into Arizona for my and Josh's wedding. Other people's plans were a direct result of the reality that I was going to have a child. Catching my breath, I continued to get ready and headed to the venue - Grimaldi's at DC Ranch. I had known that the mommies had gotten together numerous times to go over the details, so although I didn't know exactly what to expect, I rest assured that it would be beautiful, and it WAS. They did an amazing job decorating; the colors were so fun and so me! Soon enough, the guests began to arrive.

Seeing my friends and family arrive warmed my heart. A few of my dear friends and family members were unable to make the shower, and they were very missed! But panning the room as everyone began to eat, drink, and socialize, it was not lost on me how sweet it all truly was, celebrating  Baby K, Josh and I. The one thing that surpassed the joy of seeing all my loved ones was the realization that our baby boy has so many people in his life who are already loving on him.

Games, food, laughter, and a ton of incredible gifts later, Josh arrived bearing flowers for me and the mamas. He had gone golfing in the morning and stopped by for the last 30 minutes of the shower to see everyone (I know, aww!) After saying our goodbyes to everyone, Josh and I drove home with all of our little bundle's loot. I later sat in the middle of our family room, staring at all the gifts sprawled out everywhere around me, and choked up at the greatness of the day, and of the situation that brought that day to reality.

Thank you, friends and family, near and far, who sent their well wishes in person or in spirit. Josh and I hold those wishes in our hearts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment