Welcome! Glad you're here.

Welcome, family and friends! In an attempt to avoid chronic and obsessive Facebook updates ("Max had an A+ burp this morning!") and grainy ultrasound picture's of baby's right elbow (. . . you mean, not each of my 400 friends care to see this?), here you will find updates on Baby Kaplan, our journey into parenthood (the good, the bad, and the drooly), and living as a family of 3. So sit back, nosh on something yum, and click around.

Love,
Heidi, Josh, & Max

PS: As we are first time bloggers, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please note that we only accept praise.

Friday, June 3, 2011

A change in the air...

I am sitting in the living room in my work clothes as I write this. I could hop into something yummy and comfy, but I'm not quite ready to change just yet...

Today was my last day of work.
It was a decision Josh and I had made some time ago, knowing that I would like time to mentally and physically prepare for baby's arrival. I tend to work best in a linear fashion, and although I can multi-task when necessary, getting ready for the little bundle was not something I was interested in juggling with anything else. This next step will allow for me to get more rest, become physically stronger, spend more quality time with Josh and my family, and tie all the loose ends I can in preparation to become our own family.

My last day would have been fairly unremarkable had it not been for the lunch I went to with my three closest co-workers: Jenna, Jaime, and Susan. The four of us share the same position within the company and have bonded over our similarities and even differences. These girls kept me afloat on the days I felt like I was sinking, and I will miss working by their sides more than I'll miss anything else! As a parting gift, they got me a beautiful mug ( I LOVE mugs!) with the words "love, rest, dream, nest" inscribed on the inside, because that's exactly what I plan to do. They also got me a heart-warming, vintage Winnie-the-Pooh plaque, which is proudly displayed in the nursery. The message on it will always be meant to represent our friendships with each other.

Even though I had only worked for JFCS for a little over a year, it is a piece of my life I will forever carry with me. It is where I worked when I experienced so much personal development; it is where I bonded with so many who truly cared about me as a person, not just a co-worker. I have made lifelong friends from my time there, and that, to me, is priceless.

Pooh Plaque for the nursery

"Love, rest, dream, nest".








No comments:

Post a Comment