Welcome! Glad you're here.

Welcome, family and friends! In an attempt to avoid chronic and obsessive Facebook updates ("Max had an A+ burp this morning!") and grainy ultrasound picture's of baby's right elbow (. . . you mean, not each of my 400 friends care to see this?), here you will find updates on Baby Kaplan, our journey into parenthood (the good, the bad, and the drooly), and living as a family of 3. So sit back, nosh on something yum, and click around.

Love,
Heidi, Josh, & Max

PS: As we are first time bloggers, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please note that we only accept praise.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Mrs. "Goo goo, Who's-A-Boo-Boo?!" Kaplan. Charmed, I'm sure.

Our Kaplan journey continues, full speed ahead. Big news this week: The Nursery is Finished! I'm elated to report that it turned out just as I'd imagined in my mind's eye. I posted some pictures below.

It's become a familiar scene in our house: passing the nursery every time I walk down the hallway... (wait a beat), then light-footing it in there like a kid scheming to sneak that last cookie. Or Carrie Bradshaw taking one extra glance at her shoe collection. I end up sitting in the glider, soaking in the room's energy; its promise for a future of tummy tickles, lullabyes, booger-dripping-scream-cries (you know the ones I'm talking about), tushie wiping, and burps. I hold my tummy as I smile and rock.

Nursery aside, we are now starting to receive baby gifts in the mail. I'll admit it - my pupils dilate every time I hear the doorbell ring nowadays. If I were a puppy, my leg might kick out and shake. Upon opening each gift and reading the sweet, well-wishing messages, Josh gets right to it with the assembly process. Watching Josh put together all of baby's things has brought me so much joy. Our conversations ebb and flow from baby-related stuff to what's for dinner (which is not so much a conversation as a one-way request).

Depending on what books you read or who you talk to, you will hear different opinions on the concept of "baby talk" to your infant. Some would claim that using non-existent words or slapping an "ie" on the end of real ones to cutsie-fy them are stunting to baby's linguistic development. Whatever your case for or against baby talk (or if you're just reading this post to pass time 'til The Bachelorette starts), my point is that the Manufacturing World of Baby Things does not make it easy for parents to stay out of the baby talk trap:

(Doorbell rings)
"Hunny! I think our bumbo and boppy just arrived! I'll put them next to the mamaroo after I wash the snoogle cover.

"Wait, did you say the snugglebunny or the moby?"

"Nooo, the bumbo-boppy-snoogle-oozie-goozie-woozie-mcTravel thing!"

(Delivery guy hands over packages and slowly backs away).

I'm actually quite tickled to notice our vocabulary expand with each other, how fast we tend to acclamate, and the complete domination of primary colors taking over our home decor. More than that, I am starting to visualize all our baby gifts covered in the inevitable slobber that is to adorn them. Yeah, I'm ready.

Gestation-wise, I will be 31 weeks tomorrow. I have my next OB appointment on Monday, and I will continue to have visits every two weeks until I reach 36 weeks, at which point they're going to want to see me weekly until our little booger arrives. He continues to punch and flail with the best of them; a few nights ago, he pushed his rump up so high that my stomach looked like a black diamond run at Whistler. The livelihood and vitality I get to experience multiple times each day are the greatest gifts he is already giving me.

Ok, time to head outsie woutsie.

XO



I reckon this room's gonna look a LOT different someday soon...


 
Shadow Boxes to be filled







                                                      





3 comments:

  1. Gramsie-whamsie wants to tell you that she LOL with this post. I got a smile from ear-to-ear....hmmmm....(pause, sigh)
    and I feel like I'm sitting in emerald green grass loaded with dandelions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love all you guys have done so far. You guys are OOzing with love for this little booger : ) AND... I love how the Mamaroo blends right in with the familyroom! GREEN, the bestest color ever!! Love you guys! MuAh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the nursery!! So adorable! Can't wait to see it in-person!

    ReplyDelete