Welcome! Glad you're here.

Welcome, family and friends! In an attempt to avoid chronic and obsessive Facebook updates ("Max had an A+ burp this morning!") and grainy ultrasound picture's of baby's right elbow (. . . you mean, not each of my 400 friends care to see this?), here you will find updates on Baby Kaplan, our journey into parenthood (the good, the bad, and the drooly), and living as a family of 3. So sit back, nosh on something yum, and click around.

Love,
Heidi, Josh, & Max

PS: As we are first time bloggers, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please note that we only accept praise.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Trippy , man

Josh and I just got back a couple days ago from our trip to NY/NJ, and it was everything I'd hoped it would be! We started out going to Staten Island for Josh's cousin's wedding, which was beautiful, followed by the reception in New Jersey. The entire affair was elegant, fun, and romantic! Plus it was my first time wearing a legit maternity dress, so that's always fun.

Next up was heading into Manhattan, where Josh, my in-laws and I stayed in a browstone on the upper east side. We were lucky enough to see the Broadway shows La Cage and Jersey Boys, which were both phenomenal. Baby K did a little mixed martial arts on my insides during both shows. Already a critic.
Also on the agenda was a ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Ground Zero, The Museum of Natural History, Carmine's (YUM!), and Times Square. Josh and I also had a dinner out with his friend and his fiance, at a restaurant he owns in the west village, and it was FAB. Had it not been for the miles of walking done each day, I'd have surely gained my own weight twice over with all the food I consumed.

Travelling has proven to be a little demanding now that I am almost 6 months along, which I realized after climbing flight after flight of stairs and my kneecaps subsequently feeling like dusty artifacts. My Carrie Bradshaw dreams were dashed when I spent more time walking like a hip replacement recipient than a girl about town. This trip was my last air travel until after our little bundle comes, but what a way to go!
I will leave you with the names the baby has been referred to by our family, as we will not tell anyone his name until he is born:

Futzcu
Bupke
Jeeeezus
Ulysses
Ishmael
Moishe
Baby K

No comments:

Post a Comment