Welcome! Glad you're here.

Welcome, family and friends! In an attempt to avoid chronic and obsessive Facebook updates ("Max had an A+ burp this morning!") and grainy ultrasound picture's of baby's right elbow (. . . you mean, not each of my 400 friends care to see this?), here you will find updates on Baby Kaplan, our journey into parenthood (the good, the bad, and the drooly), and living as a family of 3. So sit back, nosh on something yum, and click around.

Love,
Heidi, Josh, & Max

PS: As we are first time bloggers, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please note that we only accept praise.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Spaghetti Squash and an Apple.

In approximately 9 hours, Josh and I will be rolling out of bed to get ready for our flight to New York City! The Big Apple. The City that Never Sleeps. I'm as excited as someone who's never been east of the Mississippi. We are going with my father-in-law's side of the family for our cousin Lee's wedding, then extending the trip a few extra days to take in all that NYC has to offer. I keep imagining myself spinning around in the middle of 5th Avenue, shopping bags busting at the seams a-la Carrie Bradshaw. Only with a spaghetti squash-sized bundle of fun in my belly.

Yes people, the word is, at least according to my baby books, that our little man is now the size of a spaghetti squash, which I'm guessing is the Italian version of a regular squash.

His kicks have become so strong in the past few days, so purposeful. If this is what he's up to now, I wonder if the NYC vibe is going to transcend my tummy; if he's going to blend in with the locals' mentality and really bust me up this week.

I need to get out more.

Anyway, pictures to come, and thanks for stopping by :)



No comments:

Post a Comment